Boris J. Czermak, M.D., Ph.D.
Board Certified Hand Surgeon
Co-Founder of Chiasma (Centre for surgery)
Specialized in hand surgery, micro surgery, tumor surgery, osteoarthritis treatments, injuries
- since 2007 own practice for hand surgery
- medical studies at the University of Vienna, doctorate 1990
- further training as a specialist in surgery and specialization in hand surgery
- regional Hospital Wattwil, Department of Surgery (Dr. U. Gasser), Cantonal Hospital Schaffhausen, Department of Surgery (Prof. Dr. N. Ganzoni), University Hospital Zurich, Department of Traumatology (Prof. Dr. O. Trentz), Albert Ludwigs University Hospital Freiburg / Breisgau, Department of Trauma Surgery (Prof. Dr. HP Friedl), University Hospital Zurich, Department of Hand, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (Prof. Dr. V. Meyer), Schulthess Clinic, Zurich, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Team Upper Extremity / Hand Surgery (PD Dr. B. Simmen)
- 1996 - 1998 researcher at the Department of Pathology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor / USA
- 1997 Scholarship of the Swiss National Science Foundation" Regulation of Chemokine Expression in Acute Inflammation "
- 2002 Habilitation and Venia legendi for surgery at the University of Zurich